- Sometimes we procrastinate. Long-Term Care is not something any of us wants to think about. You may have other financial responsibilities right now – college tuition, retirement savings, etc.
- However, have you given any thought to how will you pay for it?
Nursing Home Assisted Living Home Health Care
$9,500/month $5,000/month $5,000/month
(private room) (one bedroom unit) (for a home health aide)
Source: Mutual of Omaha Cost of Care
Long-term care insurance gives you choices and can be an affordable way to offset the cost of these services. Purchasing long-term care insurance at a younger age provides these advantages: Insurability, Affordability, and Peace of Mind
- Insurability: You are in your best health at a younger age and that may make it easier to qualify for coverage
- Affordability: Your policy will not be any cheaper than it is today. Premium rates are tied to age – each year you do not purchase, your rate goes up.
- Peace of Mind: Your health could change at any age. Having a policy in place will give you peace of mind should you have a prolonged chronic illness or untimely accident.
Long-term care insurance allows you to maintain your independence, afford quality care, and reduce the financial and emotional stress that a long-term care crisis causes to your family. Whether you buy insurance or not, it’s important to have a plan in place.
To speak to one of our LTCi Specialists, please contact our office at 267-733-7277